Sunday 1 September 2019

Thank you from the families in Kisil.


This message was sent to our secretary Chris


Heather has asked me to pass on the following to you regarding your generous gifts of bras etc and the wonderful knitting that has been done.  I have a few bags of bras from our last meeting that I will be giving to Heather at our next Craft Club meeting.  Also please remember that although Heather makes reference to the grey jumpers for the new school they still need V Neck acrylic jumpers in red, green or royal blue for the original school to which knitwear has been sent.



I took our donations of jumpers, hats, bras, knickers and curtains to Sylvia yesterday for the families in Kisil.  She was absolutely delighted with everything so please could you let WI members know that their donations are VERY much appreciated and will all be put to good use?  



Sylvia is currently making school bags and pencil cases from curtains so was very pleased with our curtain offerings.  The jumpers and hats are much needed for the children and help them to attend school and the underwear will be much appreciated by the ladies.



Sylvia has suggested that I keep the cone of grey four-ply - partly as a shade guide but it can also be used by us to make jumpers,  although any shade of grey is acceptable for the new school.  If anyone wishes to have it (I am not sure whether anyone we know has a knitting machine) then I will be very happy to pass it on. 



As usual, jumpers etc really need to be in Acrylic wool as this will not shrink when washed - washing facilities are rudimentary. Everything gets used, however, and Sylvia told me that if items do shrink then they are used for babies or dolls, so nothing is wasted.



Please do thank everyone and encourage everyone to keep thinking of Kisil when knitting or when sorting out their underwear and curtains!  I am very happy to be the one who collects the donations together and takes to Sylvia so if there are any queries I am happy for you to contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment